Coupling FittingCoupling fitting, a type of connection used to connect two pipes or hoses in piping systems. is part of it. Generally made of metal or plastic materials, these fittings are designed to prevent leaks in pipelines and provide a secure connection. Coupling fittings are available in a variety of sizes and shapes and are installed by simply snapping or screwing them together. They are frequently used in piping systems used to transport water, gas, oil or other liquids, to join different pipe diameters or to repair damaged pipe sections. Coupling fittings are divided into two main categories:
- Fixed couplings: These couplings connect the shafts of two elements in a fixed manner. Fixed couplings are often used in applications where high torque or power transmission is required.
- Flexible couplings: These couplings provide some flexibility between the shafts of two elements. Flexible couplings are often used in applications where it is necessary to absorb vibration or shock.
- Machine manufacturing: Coupling fittings are used to transmit power and motion in grinding machines, lathes and other machines.
- Construction: Coupling fittings are used on cranes, forklifts and other construction equipment.
- Transportation: Coupling fittings are used in trucks, trains and other transportation vehicles.